Providing Legal Services across Mid Wales and Shropshire

Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
01686 626 239

Family & Matrimonial

If you are looking for help on matrimonial and family law problems, we have an experienced team of Family Law Solicitors who can help you. Our expert team of Family Solicitors includes Resolution Members and Law Society Family Panel & Advanced Family Panel members. The services that we offer to clients include:

  • Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements

  • Divorce

  • Annulments

  • Civil Partnership Dissolutions

  • Financial Settlements

  • Living Together & Cohabitation Agreements

  • Separation Agreements

  • Arrangements for the Children

  • Parental Responsibility Agreement

  • Care Proceedings

  • Domestic Violence

Funding your Case & Fixed Fee Family Services

Hanratty & Co do offer a range of fixed fee family law services, which provide help and advice with matrimonial and family problems while giving peace of mind in relation to costs.

We offer fixed fee packages in relation to the following:

  • Undefended Divorce Proceedings

  • Consent Orders

  • Separation Agreements

  • Pre-Nuptial Agreements

  • Post-Nuptial Agreements

  • Parental Responsibility Agreements

  • Cohabitation Agreements

Our experienced team of Family Law Solicitors also recognise that people don’t always need face-to-face support and we offer a range of innovative online services that give you choices about the level of support you need.

For further information on our fixed fee family law services, please contact a member of our team to discuss how our specialist Family Law Solicitors can help you.

Legal Aid

The Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 introduced significant changes to Legal Aid in England and Wales. As a result of the changes, Legal Aid to fund Children and Divorce matters is only available in limited circumstances. In order to qualify for legal aid in Divorce and Children Proceedings you will need to show either:

1. That you are a victim of Domestic Violence. You will need to be able to show that you are a victim of domestic violence by producing evidence of:

  • An unspent Conviction for a domestic violence offence

  • A police caution

  • Ongoing Criminal proceedings

  • Protective injunction

  • Undertaking


  • Finding of Fact

  • Letter from a Health Professional

  • Letter from Social Services

  • Domestic Violence support organization letter


2. That there are children issues that relate to the protection of a child from another person. The prescribed forms of evidence are as follows:

  • An unspent conviction for a child abuse offence

  • A police caution for a child abuse offence

  • Ongoing criminal proceedings

  • Protective injunction

  • Finding of Fact

  • Social Services Letter

  • Social Services Child Protection Plan

  • Application for a protective injunction with an application for a prohibited steps order

Contact us on 01686 626 239 for further information.

Contact Us

Hanratty & Co
The Eagles
Shortbridge Street
SY16 2LW

Tel: 01686 626 239



"Their solicitors and staff have always been quick to respond to our queries and their advice has been invaluable in making the right decisions for the business and its employees."

Mark Pace-Bonello (Managing Director) - Pamargan Products

View all Testimonials

© 2014 Hanratty & Co Solicitors
Web design and development by GloverSure Ltd